Examples of support we can provide:
- Providing a few hours of support each week to give respite for fulltime family carers. This can be at home or elsewhere.
- Providing people with up to 24 hour support in their own home, either living on their own or in shared accommodation.
- Helping to develop independence skills, such as: cooking, cleaning, shopping, using public transport, budgeting.
- Suporting people to socialise and build links and friendships in their community. This could be specialist groups, clubs, religious worship, WI, volunteer groups, using library, sports centre, pubs, etc.
- Emotional support during times of increased stress, ie moving house, bereavement, changing jobs.
- Support with all aspects of personal care depending on the person's individual support plan.
- Supporting someone to help manage their behaviour so that they can be fully included in their community.